Monday 14 May 2012

No fading to black …

I don’t sing!  I, to the determent of my inner secretive ambition of being a groupie-covered singing star, was not blessed with the vocal astonishment we find ourselves to be serenaded by singers.  But that does not stop me from being an opera singer in the shower or a diva in my car.

I do not write poetry!  I, was not graced with the touch of the articulated gift of expressing my most inner journeys to a rhyme or a set.  But that does not stop me from expressing my inner journeys.

I don’t judge… much!  I, have not learned the art of a judgmental free living were we encourage rather than degrade.  But that does not stop me from trying to be the change I strive to see in myself each day.

I do not dance!  I, am not the elegant swan floating so gentle through and around the dance floor, presence as light as a feather, barely touching the space surrounding the dance.  But that does not stop me from breaking it down in my bull-in-a-china-shop way, with a swan in my arms.

I don’t brag… enough!  I, do not have accumulated enough character and charisma from my family and friends within my life to brag about my swag constantly for 24 hours of the day.  I’m only up to 17 hours a day at the moment.  But that does not stop me from trying to dream about my blessings for 7 hours.

I do not stop here!  Because I am not done in my journey of change.  I’m progress not perfection… yet!

Good day and good luck.

From
The Presidents Desk

2 comments:

  1. Progress, not perfection. I dig it big time!
    PS Digging the new look to the blog Mr. President

    ReplyDelete